- I'd just like to talk about things I am currently obsessed with. I am obsessed with the show Looking. Seriously, why aren't more people watching this? Well, many criticisms I've heard about the show is that it's slow and I beg to differ. I think the first season was really about establishing and developing these set of characters in an intimate way. The director, Andrew Haigh, has this way of filming the characters so you're really within their space and it develops an intimacy that you don't see in other television shows. Andrew Haigh directed one of the best movies I've ever seen, Weekend, and he brings the same aesthetic to Looking.
I love television shows and movies and theater that really focus on subtlety -- particularly subtle acting. Looking provides a plethora of that and I constantly roll around in it and am usually desperate for more. There are moments I catch with each rewatch that I never notice the first time, acting decisions the actors make that would go unnoticed if you weren't really looking for them. Those choices can really change the nuance of a scene -- a hitch in their voice, the blink of their eyes, their choices in movement. I am obsessed with it. Obsessed.
( I have so many feels, you guys. )
UGH I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW SO MUCH. WHERE ARE THE FIC WRITERS TO SATISFY MY NEED FOR GAPFILLERS? WHY ISN'T EVERYTHING STILL ON LIVEJOURNAL SO I CAN JUST JOIN A TON OF COMMUNITIES! TUMBLR IS SO FUCKING CONFUSING SOMETIMES AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOOK UP THIS STUFF.
Do you realize that if you put "Looking" in a tumblr search, it is very, very rare you will actually find what you're looking for. Just saying. Ugh.
- What else have I been up to? Well, photos that I took back in August have finally been published in the online magazine they were meant for. If anyone wants to check it out, they're here: http://issuu.com/undergroundsparksmag/
I got to interview one of my favorite musicians, ever, Jay Brannan. Yes, I have spoken about him once or twice in here. (Understatement). He is one of my favorite people in the universe and he let me photograph one of his shows. It was a ton of fun. I also got to do a photoshoot with actress Jena Sims and it turned out beautifully, I think.
- I got to see Randy twice in Amadeus. That's such a great play and Randy was great in it.
- I saw Pippin twice and I want to see it a billion more times.
- I got sick for a trillion weeks. I'm still sick. Going to the doctor this week to figure out what the hell is going on with me. This is the first time I've ever lost my voice and it sucks. I talk a lot so these past few weeks have not been fun at all, actually.
- I saw Jordan Knight and Nick Carter and it was one of the most fun shows, ever. They did this '90s medley that made me unbelievably happy. Unfortunately, I relapsed into illness the following day but I gotta say, the concert was so worth it. Ha.
- I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame and I'm going to go see it again in December.
- I've already bought my tickets to see Newsies on tour next year. Twice.
And I think that's it! You're all caught up.